Public service takes many forms; spending a summer in DC also takes many forms. That being said, CAPAL is a program that caters to a variety of backgrounds. Diverse placements into different federal agencies allowed even me, a computer science major, to find a way forward in public service. If you have some inkling of interest about working in federal government, CAPAL is a great opportunity to help flesh out that idea. -Richard Li, 2017 US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Intern, sponsored by Google Intern
With your support, CAPAL is able to provide internship experiences to over 30 students like Richard each summer. But we do more than provide financial assistance. Our scholars and interns attend our Washington Leadership Program, gain access to high-level professionals in public service through our AANHPI Roundtable Series and are paired with a mentor to help guide their summer experience.
Be part of our Leaders Circle by making a monthly pledge of $20 or more! Help us reach our 2017 goal of $10,000, which supports up to 3 scholars and interns this summer.
• Attending VIP receptions with speakers from our Washington Leadership Program
• Free admission to all professional development events
• Discounted admission to our annual alumni event and CAPAL Ball
• Exclusive access to special tours, activities and events
• Name recognition on our website and at events with advanced registration
Your contribution supports:
1. Twelve interns attending CAPAL’s Washington Leadership Program
2. An intern experience for one week in DC
3. An orientation session for CAPAL’s 2015 intern class
4. Twenty-four interns at CAPAL’s AANHPI Leadership Roundtable Series
Yes! I would like to join the Leaders Circle and make a monthly recurring donation of $20 or more.
Leaders Circle Members (as of 05/16/18) • Anonymous (1) • Jasmeet Ahuja • Chelsea Blake • Patrick Branco • Chuck Cao • Jasmine Chan • Willis Chen • Michael Dee • Christian Edlagan • Fay Gan • Timothy Hwang • Carrie Kagawa • June Kao • Andrew Kim • Lin Liu • Andrew Lo • Camille Lorenzana • Ana Ma • Janet Namkung • Viraj Patel • Shiv Rawal • Anisha Shetty • Mary Tablante • Nick Tran •Victoria Tran • Viet Tran • Justin Trinidad • Kavya Vaghul • Alton Wang • Lillie Zeng
Or make a donation of any size today!
Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.