The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL), a national non-profit organization consisting of a 20-member Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and two full-time staff, announces an unpaid Public Interest Legal Counsel position for the 2016-17 calendar years. CAPAL is dedicated to building leadership and public policy knowledge within the Asian American Pacific Islander community. Its mission is to promote AAPI interests and success in public service careers, to provide information and education on policy issues affecting the AAPI community, and to serve the AAPI community at large.
The selected individual can expect to network and work on innovative initiatives that benefit young professionals and students wishing to engage in public service within the Washington, DC Metro area and beyond. The Project Assistant will report to the Managing Director.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to learn the inner workings of a nonprofit and be part of a diverse group of young professionals committed to DC’s Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community. We strongly believe in professional development and will support as many opportunities as possible.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, producing web content and working with and managing volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience creating online and printed materials using Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software.
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, MailChimp, Google Docs and managing social media is preferred.
- Serve in a key planning role for events by executing logistics, updating online forms and conducting outreach. Main fall events include the CAPAL Ball, Annual Meeting and Reception, Alumni Holiday Party and Giving Tuesday Happy Hour.
- Lead the development and execution of a Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign.
- Maintain social media platforms daily, including Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Produce, plan and update web content and develop a blog schedule.
- Support the execution of operational duties including but not limited to: Updating the Salesforce database and website, saving and organizing documents on Google Drive and ordering office supplies.
Please send 1) a cover letter, 2) your resume, and 3) two reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please. Please upload your documents below. Only COMPLETE applications will be considered.
The position is paid and will be 3 months long with a start date in September. The position has the potential for extension and is open until filled.
CAPAL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Thank you for your interest in CAPAL.