The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL), a national non-profit organization consisting of a volunteer, 20-member working Board of Directors, and Advisory Council announces a full-time, permanent Programs and Operations Associate position.
The CAPAL Programs and Operations Associate can expect to network and work on innovative initiatives that benefit young professionals and students wishing to engage in public service within the Washington, DC Metro area and beyond. The Associate will report to CAPAL’s Managing Director and work in concert with the other Executive Committee members to achieve organization goals, with a focus on programmatic and operational support.
• 1-3 years demonstrated experience in event planning, producing web content and coordinating volunteers and maintaining relationships.
• Demonstrated experience creating online and printed materials using Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software.
• Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis, WordPress, Salesforce, MailChimp and Google Docs.
• Serve in a key programmatic and planning role for small and large events by executing event logistics and promoting events. This will include, but is not limited to major events such as the annual CAPAL ball and the Washington Leadership Program.
• Manage the production and planning of the organization’s blog and social media daily.
• Assist in coordinating logistics for an annual summer scholarship and internship program, organize materials and supplies for meetings and events and maintain internal files
• Create and lead a volunteer engagement plan.
• Lead the execution of operational duties including but not limited to: updating the database and website, preparing onboarding materials, ordering office supplies, fielding general phone and email inquiries
The position is permanent and full-time; salary is commensurate with experience. The position can expect to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
CAPAL provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Estimated start date: Mid – Late Mid-January.
Please send 1) a cover letter, 2) your resume, and 3) two reference contacts to email@example.com. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please.Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CAPAL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation. Thank you for your interest in CAPAL.