CAPAL 2018 Fall Project Assistant Position Description
The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL), a national non-profit organization consisting of a 20-member Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and two full-time staff, announces a Fall Project Assistant position. CAPAL seeks to empower Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) youth by increasing access to public service opportunities and building a strong AANHPI public service pipeline. CAPAL envisions a future with equitable AANHPI representation throughout all levels of government and public service.
The selected individual can expect to network and work on innovative initiatives that benefit young professionals and students wishing to engage in public service within the Washington, DC Metro area and beyond. The Project Assistant will report to the Managing Director.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to learn the inner workings of a nonprofit and be part of a diverse group of young professionals committed to DC’s AANHPI community. We strongly believe in professional development and will support as many opportunities as possible.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning,working with staff, and managing volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience creating online and printed materials using Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software.
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, MailChimp, Google Docs, and managing social media is preferred.
- Serve in a key planning role for events. Main fall events include the Alumni Holiday Party and Giving Tuesday Happy Hour.
- Lead the development and execution of a Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign. Assist with other fundraising campaigns and conduct prospect research.
- Conduct research to reach CAPAL’s board and intern alumni.
- Support the execution of operational duties including but not limited to: Updating the Salesforce database and website, and saving and organizing documents on Google Drive.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position is paid and will be 2.5 months long. The position has the potential for extension and is open until filled.
Please send 1) a cover letter, 2) your resume, and 3) two reference contacts to Managing Director Donna Bebber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
CAPAL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Thank you for your interest in CAPAL.
The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is an equal opportunity employer.