The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership presents
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, CAPAL invites you to
a night that will showcase the tremendous contributions of
APA public service leaders and inspire the next generation.
Don’t miss out on the event of the season!
Asian Pacific American Heritage Ball
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
WE ARE SOLD OUT!
Silent Auction items are now LIVE! Bid now!
Registration and Information
With special guests from the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI), this cocktail reception will honor past and present Asian Pacific American public service leaders, government appointees, and elected officials. CAPAL also invites young leaders in campus, community, and career as well as the interested public to join in the celebration and interact with past and present APA public service leaders.
In light of the milestone celebration of the cultures, traditions, and history of APAs, CAPAL is well positioned to pay tribute to the leaders of today. We hope to provide the platform for the community to honor these role models and inspire future leaders, in keeping with our organization’s motto, “Developing Tomorrow’s Leaders Today.”
Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, U.S. Department of Education
Masters of Ceremonies
Registration and Ticketing
WE ARE SOLD OUT!
Admission includes refreshments, open bar, and special guest performances by the winners from Kollaboration DC and the SAPAN Institute.
All proceeds will benefit CAPAL, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to developing the next generation of Asian Pacific American leaders in public service. For more information, visit our website at www.capal.org.
Appointees: please consult with your ethics department for appropriate approvals.
Black tie optional
1615 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20062
(U.S. Chamber of Commerce building)
Registration and opening: 6:00 PM
Program: 7:00 PM
Directions and Parking
There are multiple parking garages around the address provided. Some of the most common parking garages are:
1620 I Street, NW
818 Connecticut Ave Garage
818 Connecticut Ave
For additional information on this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Corporate Sponsors
For more information on sponsorship, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you to our Community Partners
For more information or to become a sponsor/partner, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Silent Auction Donors
Host Committee Co-Chairs
The Honorable Norman Mineta
Former Secretary of Transportation
Vice Chair of Public Policy
Host Committee Members
- Ben Askin, Senior Manager, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Christine Chen, Executive Director, APIA Vote; and President, Strategic Alliance USA
- Lily Fu Claffee, General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer, and SVP of Legal, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Julian Ha, Global Sector Leader, Government Affairs Practice, Heidrick & Struggles
- Francis Q. Hoang, Esq., Partner, Fluet, Huber, Hoang
- Ambassador Thomas Hubbard, Former Ambassador to Korea and the Philippines; Senior Director of Asia, McLarty Associates
- Bill Imada, CEO, IW (Interpublic) Group of Companies
- Abraham Kim, Vice President, Korea Economic Institute
- Leonard Kim, President, Korean American Scholarship Foundation; Chief Information Officer, The National Academy of Sciences
- Samuel T. Mok, Former Chief Financial Officer, U.S. Department of Labor
- Hung Nguyen, Vice President of Marketing, Knowledge Advantage Inc.
- H.K. Park, Vice President, Cohen Group
- Farook Sait, Former Director of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Deborah Tang, Managing Director, Major, Lindsay & Africa